6.30.2011

fly away

My mom has a really large antique case with about 30 butterflies that measures around 24 by 36 inches. I have always loved it even though the butterflies are now faded but it actually works better with the look of her room that way. Anyways, the framed butterfly look is one I really love (especially the third image). I love how the new pieces are SO colorful and are available in so many different shapes and sizes. I would love to add a few singles or one medium sized piece to the "gallery wall" in my office (that has yet to be worked on at all but desperately needs to be!). How do you like your butterflies?













images via my pinterest

xxLily



10 comments:

  1. I love the second image of them in individual frames.
    The colours are beautiful, what a great feature to have in your home!

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing, i love butterflies, and i think i should get some of these beauties..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and colorful!
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love the single framed one! Really highlights the specimen.

    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with the second image. These frame beauties are so delightful. Love their colors!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterflies are so cute :)


    My blog
    xoxo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them...they are beautiful, delicate and although they look gorgeous framed I'm not sure I'd ever be able to have real ones framed...to me they belong outdoors and they represent, freedom, independence...I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, it is just my honest opinion, hope you'll understand
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot about framed butterflies. I love this look too. You just inspired me. I'm always searching for art to hang around my house. Something like this would be perfect. So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! my best friends likes buterflies a lot, she has a ring with a buterflie and a necklace too :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow thats awesome!! Butterflys are so beautiful!


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear what you have to say ! Thanks for leaving a comment...xo